Several Chillicothe R-II staff members received good news this (Wednesday) morning when Superintendent Dan Wiebers surprised them with certificates naming them winners of the 2020-21 Mini Grant Winners for the second semester.
The Chillicothe Education Foundation funds the mini-grant competition each semester in its commitment to supporting excellence in education. This round of mini-grant winners included eight applications which totaled $3,485.84 in winnings. The funds from the grants will be used to enhance the classroom experience and upgrade equipment throughout the District.
Superintendent Dan Wiebers expressed his thanks to the Chillicothe Education Foundation and noted that the competition for these grants is always very competitive and the latest installment of entries was no exception.
“We just have incredible teachers and staff members willing to go the extra mile to make sure our students are thriving in our buildings,” Wiebers said. He added, “Thanks to the continuing support of the Chillicothe Education Foundation, our staff can utilize new and different technology and teaching strategies to keep students interested, involved and excited about learning new things.”
The winners of the 2020-21 Mini Grants for the second semester were:
- Jeannette Johnson, CMS – Yearbook Camera Accessories: $441.32
- Holly Noneman, CMS – Creating, Constructing, and Composing the Percussion Section: $125.00
- Kari Snyder & the CES Building Leadership Team, CES – Let’s Get Moving on Our Playground: $475.00
- Shelby Ward and Ellen Hansen, CES – STEM Bins for Our Youngest Hornets: $499.72
- Sonja Daley, GRTS – Seize the Clay: $500
- Lily Pyrtle, Dewey – Creating Coders with Sphero: $489.95
- Julia Reeter, CES – REAL Authors!: $458.85
- Jamie Sullivan, GRTS – Health Care Literacy Library: $496.00 (Patty Palmer Memorial Mini-Grant)